The Lufthansa Group has published a flight schedule valid until October 24. Due to the lifting of travel restrictions and the related increase in demand, the Lufthansa Group airlines (Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Eurowings) will gradually expand its flight schedule. In September 2020, 90% of all pre-planned continental destinations and 70% of all intercontinental destinations will be offered again.
If we want to change our travel plans, or our flight is cancelled and our ticket has been issued before May 15, 2020, we can do so by January 31, 2021. We can change your booking once free of charge to a different date, or even change your route if we start our trip by December 31, 2021. If our trip starts before December 31, 2020, we will even receive an additional discount of EUR 50 for rebooking made by August 31, 2020. In case of bookings made from May 16 to June 30, 2020, we can change the travel date for flights operated by the Lufthansa Group. As far as cancelled flights are concerned, we can additionally change the route. In any case, we can start a new journey by the end of 2021.
A safe trip with the Lufthansa Group
The safety and health of passengers and employees is a top priority for the Lufthansa Group. When planning a flight, passengers should take into account the applicable regulations regarding entrance rules and quarantine at the destination. Moreover, Lufthansa offers passengers the convenient option of undergoing a rapid coronavirus test at Frankfurt and Munich airports, so that they can decide to continue their journey or stay in Germany to avoid quarantine. Test laboratories are run by partner companies.
Increased hygiene measures
- Cabin crew in direct contact with passengers will wear face masks and gloves, as well as be in the possession of additional disinfectants.
- Wearing a protective mask by passengers at the airport and during the flight is obligatory until August 31 this year, with the possibility of extension of this period. The type of face shield is optional – reusable masks are recommended for environmental reasons, with the possibility of also using disposable masks or scarves.
- Intensive cleaning of surfaces in airport infrastructure areas, e.g. check-in counters, monitors, kiosks, toilets, handrails, escalators and moving walkways.
- Surfaces in airplanes are cleaned between flights in all classes.
- Keeping physical distance: before departure and on board.
- A simplified on-board service with a customized range of meals and drinks is planned for August 31 this year.