Breathtaking views, contact with wild nature and outdoor activities. This is only an introduction to the attractions waiting for cycling enthusiasts in the Małopolska region. Currently, cyclists have already 800 km of routes of varying difficulty at their disposal, and this year, an extension by another 200 km is planned.

Natural diversity and unique landscapes, combined with a rich culture, priceless monuments and excellent regional cuisine, give an impulse to take up cycling challenges, small and large, both for the inhabitants of Małopolska and lovers of two wheels from other regions of Poland and abroad. The touristic nature of the region is not its only asset.
Velo Czorsztyn, fot. Łukasz Lisiecki

You say: bicycle, you think: Małopolska!

The bicycle infrastructure, which is of a very high standard, is equally important. The region already offers over 800 km of bicycle routes adapted to every cyclist, regardless of the condition, of which over 600 km have been built in recent years. 60% of them are roads separated from car traffic, while the remaining 40% are roads with low car traffic or comfortable gravel roads. In addition, there are approx. 3 thousand km of bicycle routes of various difficulty levels and dynamically developing infrastructure around the ski resorts dedicated to Enduro and Downhill enthusiasts.
Zamek w Czorsztynie, Velo Czorsztyn, fot. Łukasz Lisiecki
Velo Dunajec, fot. Łukasz Lisiecki

Bicycle routes in Małopolska

VeloMałoposka is a network of eight regional bicycle routes, which are an absolutely pioneering and unique project in Poland. The routes have been designed in such a way as to enable reaching the most valuable natural and tourist areas of Małopolska, such as the Tatra Mountains, the Pieniny, Spisz, Pogórze, the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland, Niepołomice Forest, as well as, among others, Kraków, Oświęcim, Tarnów, Nowy Sącz and Zakopane.
EuroVelo is a European network of bicycle routes that meet certain standards such as appropriate surface, marking, degree of inclination. Two international routes pass through Małopolska: EuroVelo11 (EV11) and EuroVelo4 (EV4).
Dunajec przy ujściu lesnickiego potoka, fot. Tomasz Salamon
Czorsztyn, fot. Łukasz Lisiecki

The world viewed from the saddle of a bicycle is a place of changing images, captivating smells – a world teeming with life.

Velo Czorsztyn, fot. Łukasz Lisiecki

Useful on the road
Useful on the road

Cyclist Friendly Places (CFP)

These are points along the route tailored to the cyclist's needs, such as accommodation, dining and tourist attractions. They have, among others, basic equipment for repairing a bicycle, bicycle stands, as well as offer the possibility of safe storage of a bicycle for the duration of an overnight stay or sightseeing.

Cyclist Service Areas (CSA)

Roofed and wind-protected resting shelters at the VeloMałopolska routes, equipped with, among others, maps of the area, bicycle racks, baskets, grills.

Maps of Małopolska's bicycle routes and trails

They can be downloaded from the website Free copies of printed maps and bicycle guides are available at points of the Małopolska Tourist Information Network.