Before you enter your gate a security control of your person and hand luggage takes place
- Every passenger has to remove metal objects before passing through a metal detector frame. If you are carrying liquids with you, you must put the cointainers with liquids in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which is to be shown to the security personnel.
- Please note the permissible maximum size of hand luggage. There are no international standards for hand luggage. The weight and size vary depending on the airline, class and route.
- You should also note the security regulations for hand luggage and liquids.
- If you are prepared before passing airport security, the process is smooth and fast.
Suggestions before airport security
- Have your boarding card ready to show when you reach the document control point just before airport security.
- Place your hand baggage in one of the plastic boxes used at airport security - remove from you hand baggage any liquids, liquid medicines, special dietary food and baby food that you have with you.
- If you are wearing coat or jacket, in accordance with local requirements you need to place them in a plastic box.
- Do not carry any loose objects in your pockets - remove keys, coins or mobile phones.
- If you have a belt with a large buckle or are wearing large pieces of jewelry, remove them as well as they can set off the metal detector.
- Remove laptop computers and other types of bigger electronic equipment from any cases and place them on the conveyor belt.
- Depending on the airport, you may be asked to remove your shoes and place them on the conveyor belt.
- You may be asked by Security Checkpoint Officer to open your luggage for detailed search.
- Any objects unauthorized in air transport that are found in your possession will be requisitioned.
- The airport does not store such items.
Security check point - additional facilities
Special Service Line - shortening the waiting time for control, thus increasing the comfort of passengers requiring special care. Intended for:
- persons with reduced mobility,
- women in an advanced stage of pregnancy,
- families with children up to 2 years.
Fast Track is a priority passage to the security checkpoint dedicated to departing passengers, intended for:
- First and Business Class passengers,
- Star Alliance HON Circle & Gold / One World Emerald & Spphire / Sky Team Elite Plus card holders,
- Kraków Airport Loyalty Prestige members
- Finnair passengers holding a Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo, Platinum, Gold, Silver card
- Ryanair passengers with Flexi Plus tariff purchased.
- EasyJet passenger with the easyJet plus card added to the boarding pass
- EasyJet passenger with Flexi tariff purchased
- Luxair passenger with Fast Lane Access tariff purchased